27 April 2012

where i live: rooftops


i live in the colli berici of the province of vicenza, italy

where i live the rooftops have a gentle slope
where i live every roof has a chimney or two
where i live electricity cables often overpower the beauty of the rooftops
where i live people still use television antennas
where i live more than one family usually lives under one roof
where i live most of roofs are made of terracotta tiles (but I've seen some plastic, too!)

.....................................

I'm joining Francesca today for a "where i live" series.



4 comments:

  1. So very poetic, Dana! I actually had a hard time writing about tiled roofs, and took me forever to compose one sentence I'm not happy about!
    Thanks for playing along, happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Francesca....ugh...I almost didn't include the words bc I think they are so lame....so far from poetry that I like :( You are kind.

    Beth...sure...check you inbox :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep, those darn power lines are always mucking up the perfect view. I liked the words/poem.
    What a fun exercise!

    ReplyDelete