11 June 2013

like a blur -- brain freeze

So.
That's it. We are at the end.
This year the end has been a blur of events, each BIG things of great merit that when placed back-to-back, day-after-day have turned into a race. I feel like the proverbial hamster in a wheel. (Is that even proverbial?)

I detest living at this pace. I am usually able to avoid it.

I don't have the energy or desire, even, to share the details of all the wonderful things (and a few sad and worrisome things) of the past few weeks. I'm feeling the hangover that comes with being drunk with too much emotion for too long.

Soon I will board a plane.
I hope the hangover is cured by then.

Because I'm ready for the drive-through daiquiri shops of my youth, and we all know that an ice cold pina colada daiquiri is not advisable with a hangover.

Brain freeze! People!




6 comments:

  1. blurring right along with you...and with you also on the range of emotions/experiences that have come with it. wishing you a wonderful break. cin-cin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie, Suzanne! I already know that it won't be long enough. We have overplanned our time...ughhhh!

      Delete
  2. glad the race is over, and a daiquiri is at the end of the tunnel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are in the final stretch...3 more days. I think there might be a few glasses of wine before I finally reach the coveted daiquiri, which will be PERFECT for a hot LA summer.

      Delete
  3. So sorry you have had hamster running on the wheel kind if weeks filled with to much emotion. Hope your trip to the states is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks, Kelleyn! Happy summer to y'all too!
      D

      Delete